Alina Müller wears the innovation
AYCANE athlete Alina Müller is a Swiss ice hockey forward for the Northeastern Huskies and the Switzerland women's national team. We at AYCANE are super proud to have Alina on board. Wondering why? Here are a few of her accomplishments:
First, there's the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. Alina played with the Swiss women's national team and they won a Bronze Medal. That's pretty awesome, but it gets better: She's the youngest hockey player ever to win an Olympic medal. She was just 15 at the time!
Add to that, she made news at the Olympics 2018 in PyeongChang. During the Swiss opening match against the United Korean team, Alina tied the Olympic record for most goals scored by a woman in an Olympic game. She scored a hat trick in the first period, and a fourth goal in the second!
Not only has she participated in 5 IIHF Women's World Championships, she's got a slew of awards under her belt. Pretty impressive for someone who was only born in 1998. Here are just a few:
- Two-time Swiss Ice Hockey Woman of the Year (2018, 2019)
- Olympic Games Best Forward and All Star Team (2018)
- Three-time Hockey East First-Team All-Star (2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21)
- Two-time Hockey East Player of the Year (2019-20, 2020-21)
- MVP of the Swiss Women's Hockey League A (2017-2018)
- Swiss Woman of the Year 2022
Side note: This young woman from Zurich is not only an athlete of excellence, in her spare time she's working away at her degree, doing a major in behaviorial neuroscience with a minor in human movement science. Talk about talented!